How To Sell Your House Quick
Houses are struggling to sell in the current climate making it increasingly hard to sell property quickly. Molae Properties can offer you a quick sale and you can have the cash in the bank within 7 days without any further effort. We cut to the chase and look beyond the condition and décor of the property.However, if you want to try and sell through an estate agent or a private sale website here are a few tips to help sell your property quick.
- 1 – Declutter your house. This will help to make the house look bigger, cleaner and more appealing to any prospective buyer.
- 2 – Give the walls a coat of paint. This will help the property look fresher and in good order. Use neutral colours to give a sense of space and light and appeal to a wider audience of buyers.
- 3 – De personalise your home. Remove dark colours from walls, you may like the aubergine lounge but many people will not! Also it is advisable to remove some photos and personal items as these detract from the actual house. A key factor in selling your property quickly is to get the buyers to imagine that they are going to be living there and this is difficult to do when surrounded by your life history.
- 4 – Kerb appeal. Lucky enough to have a garden? Cut the hedge or grass, pull out the weeds and add some coloured flowers to give a good first impression. The front of the house is an advert in itself hence the reason estate agents are keen to put their “For Sale” sign up.
- 5 – Front door and hall way - Also important in terms of first impression is the entrance to a property. This “sets the tone” of the rest of the property. Ensure the area is freshly painted, clean and welcoming. Remove the pile of junk mail that accumulates on a daily and perhaps hang a mirror to create a sense of space and light.
- 6 – Spring clean the house. Such a simple thing to do to help sell a property quickly but amazing how many people don’t do this. A clean house presents so much better. Ideally have the carpets cleaned so the house looks and smells nice, particularly if it is a smoking household or you have pets. Having the windows cleaned will instantly make the house feel brighter and smarter.
- 7 – Bathroom - The bathroom is a crucial room in the house as if a buyer doesn’t like it they will automatically factor in a significant reduction in the price to install a totally new, clean one. Scrub it, remove obsolete lotions and potions, old tooth brushes and shower curtains. Put in fresh colourful towels, and a neutral shower curtain.
- 8 – Kitchen. As with the bathroom this is a crucial room in the house to get right as buyers will often factor in ripping it out and starting again if they don’t like what is there already. All the rules apply. Declutter, paint, clean and ensure all cupboard doors work properly and the cooker is presentable. Finally, ensure all washing and drying up is done on viewing days. A dirty sink area is very off-putting.
- 9 – Lighting. If the viewings are on a grey day switch the lights on to make the house more welcoming and ensure all the curtains and blinds are open.
Following these simple steps can really help sell property quickly. However, depending on your circumstances in todays market securing a quick sale through traditional means may not be the best option. Molae Properties are specialists in property cash buying. Our clients situations range from those simply looking sell property quick to those who are, relocating or facing repossession. We are able to buy your house quickly a deal can be agreed within 24 hours and concluded in a matter of days. Plus we can offer flexible terms to suit your needs such as delayed completion dates.
Visit our testimonials page and the FAQ’s to see how our service works in practice.Alternatively please call freephone number 0800 634 5892 to discuss, without obligation.